Use as an appetizer or balanced meal. This salad will keep you satisfied without using traditional greens.
Yields: 6 appetizer sized servings
Time: 10 minutes
- 1 can (15oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1/8 cup red onion, thinly diced
- fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl add the lime juice and slowly whisk in the extra virgin olive oil forming an emulsion. Add minced garlic, salt, pepper to taste, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl toss together chickpeas, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and red onion.
- Dress salad with vinaigrette.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.